Are you a retailer looking to improve your digital marketing strategy? If so, you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll discuss some of the most effective digital marketing tools designed specifically for retail businesses.
We’ll also provide tips on how to implement these techniques into your existing marketing strategy. So, whether you’re just starting out or looking to take your digital marketing efforts to the next level, read on!
What is digital marketing and why do retail businesses need it?
Digital marketing is a term used to classify the various marketing techniques that occur used to connect with future and existing customers online. You may already be familiar with some of these techniques, including social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn), paid social media advertising, and email marketing. According to one study, 81% of shoppers research their product online before purchasing, and can spend up to 79 days gathering information before making a major purchase.
The different types of digital marketing tools
Digital marketing tools are not static – they are in a constant state of evolution to keep up with consumer trends. In fact, some tools can change drastically over time if their focus shifts too far from what’s popular currently in order for them not just survive but thrive as well.
The list below provides some examples of common digital marketing tools:
- Content Marketing: Producing content (e.g. blogs, videos, podcasts) to solve the problems of a specific audience.
- Email Marketing: Sending promotional emails to a qualified audience using a third-party tool.
- Social Media Marketing: Using online tools, including Facebook and Instagram, to promote a product or service.
- PPC (pay-per-click advertising): a fee is paid each time an advertisement is clicked on Facebook, Instagram, or Google. This is used primarily to drive traffic to a website, where a purchase is made.
Implementing digital marketing into your business.
Reviewing the list above, how many of these digital marketing tools have you implemented into your retail business’ online strategy? While the majority of retailers are quick to set-up and post to Instagram and Facebook, they are missing out on a number of effective strategies to make sales and increase revenue.
If you are looking for assistance implementing additional digital marketing strategies into your business model, book a complimentary 15-minute phone call to see how we can work together.
You might also like
- TWITTER: Latest Updates
- 3 Steps to Keep Your Instagram Account Secure
- Recent Update of Instagram Location & Hashtag Stories
- 3 Must-Have Digital Marketing Tools for Retailers