Did you know that you hold the power to create a LIVE video just by using your smartphone? Through the Facebook LIVE posting option, businesses can showcase products, services, storefronts, sales, discounts, promotions, locations, and interact LIVE with their friends, family, and friends.
Why is this important? According to Adweek, the Facebook algorithm actually gives preference to LIVE video as opposed to other types of content. That means that to ensure that your fans and followers see your content, you may have to change your strategy to include LIVE videos! Here’s an example:
A client of mine made the BIG decision to create a LIVE video to discuss an upcoming promotion at her boutique. The results were awesome.
Kristine Van Allen of KVA Collections hosted her first LIVE video from the comfort of her boutique. With a little help from me on camera, she highlighted discounts on several outfits and promoted her upcoming sale. Though hesitant at first, she was convinced to take a step outside her comfort zone… and you know what, she was fantastic! Kristine was her cheery, personable, playful self – and the video sparked much engagement from her loyal followers.
In less than 24 hours, the video has reached 3,000+ people, and has been viewed 1,385 times. Crazy! There have been 175 reactions, comments, and shares, and 683 post clicks. Amazing!
Thinking about going LIVE for the first time. Here are some tips that I have adapted from Facebook.
- Make sure you have a strong WiFi connection
- Write an engaging description about the video BEFORE going LIVE
- Welcome viewers as they join the conversation
- Create longer broadcasts (up to 4 hours) to reach more people
- Say goodbye to your viewers to signal the end of the broadcast
Have you gone LIVE? What did you think?
You might also like
- Social Media Customer Service Support Links
- The Importance of Google My Business
- Facebook Page Manager App Not Working?
- Developing a Social Media Strategy