Are you getting too many notifications from Facebook? There is friend requests, pokes, event invites, event cancellations, comments on your links, comments on photos of you, comments on your answers, comments after you answer, people you may know… the list goes on and on. In fact taking a quick look at my personal profile, I have unsubscribed from 71 notifications – but still get the notifications I want to receive.
Here is how to subscribe only to the notifications you want:
1. The next time you open Facebook view your notifications, which is indicated by the globe in the top navigation bar.
2. Click on the globe.
3. At the bottom of the notification list, click “See All.” This will allow you to view all of your past notifications from Facebook.
4. Scroll down to a notification that you would like to unsubscribe from, like a game request.
5. Hover on that notification, a small “X” will appear to the right.
6. Click “Turn Off”
7. You’ve successfully subscribed from that game notification!
Repeat this step until you’ve successfully unsubscribed from unwanted Facebook notifications.