We all know it… business owners are pressed for time. With the advent of social media, businesses are being told to engage with clients on platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube. The thought of logging on to a social media account at least once a day or *gasp* multiple times per day, leaves business owners searching for more time.
There are solutions!
There are social media management tools, like Hootsuite, that allow social media users to pre-schedule Facebook posts, Twitter tweets, and LinkedIn updates. However, if the thought of learning an additional social media tool makes your head spin, there is a solution!
Facebook recently introduced the ability to schedule posts – and it’s easy. You have the ability (currently) to schedule Facebook posts up until December 31, 2012 at 11:59pm. Happy 2013 anyone? Once you have scheduled a post, it will appear in your Page’s Activity Log, which is located in the Admin Panel > Edit Page > Use Activity Log.
Scheduling a Facebook post is just like creating a new post.
- Click “What’s on your mind?”
- Create your Facebook post, which can include media like links and photos.
- Click the small clock in the bottom-left corner of the Facebook post box
- Add a year, month, date, and time.
- Click POST!
You’re done! While scheduling posts is a great way to remove some of the burden of social media, you still need to periodically log in to maintain the conversation.
You might also like
- Social Media Customer Service Support Links
- The Importance of Google My Business
- Facebook Page Manager App Not Working?
- Developing a Social Media Strategy