Pinterest is a social media website that allows users to save (or “pin”) images to collections (or “boards”). Users develop pinboards to categorize their pins. For example, a user planning a wedding could have a pinboard for bridesmaid dresses, bouquets, and shoes. The site is particular popular with females; in the United States 83% of users are women.
Pinterest started development in December of 2009 and the site launched to a select group of individuals in March 2010. Within 9 months of the initial launch, Pinterest had nearly 10,000 users. The tipping point for Pinterest occurred August 2011 when it was named by Time Magazine in its “50 Best Websites of 2011.”
There is a new application that embeds your Pinterest boards on to your Facebook Page! The Pinterest Page App will display either a single pinboard of your choice, or all your pin boards! This is a great crossover for wedding planners, florists, clothing retailers – the sky is the limit!
To add the Pinterest application:
- Search “Pinterest PageApp” in the Facebook search bar
- Select “Pinterest Page App” (It has approximately 460,000 users)
- Choose the page to add the application
- Input your Pinterest username
- Choose to show one, or all your pinboards
- Click save
You might also like
- Social Media Customer Service Support Links
- The Importance of Google My Business
- Facebook Page Manager App Not Working?
- Developing a Social Media Strategy