Founded in 2004, Facebook boasts 1.49 billion daily active users, and 2.27 billion monthly active users. SproutSocial estimates there is approximately 60 million Facebook business Pages. With numbers like these, it is no surprise that there may be problems and challenges for Facebook users. If you have found inaccurate accounts, unofficial Pages, or old personal profiles, there is a way to organize and clean-up these accounts.
1. Convert a Facebook Profile to A Page
- You’ll have both a profile and a Page after conversion.
- We’ll transfer your profile picture and cover photo to the Page, and the name on your profile will become the Page’s name.
- You can select from your friends, followers and pending friend requests and add them as your new Page’s followers. See more information in the section below.
- You can choose which photos and videos to copy over from your profile, but keep in mind that views and other metrics remain with your profile and can’t transfer to the Page.
2. Claim Unclaimed Pages
- Click Is this your business? below the Page’s cover photo.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click About on the left side of your Page.
- Click Edit next to your Page’s name.
- Enter a new Page name and click Continue.
- Review your request and click Request Change.
4. Merge Converted/Unclaimed/Renamed Pages
As with many things on Facebook, patience is required. Don’t expect to complete this task last in a day, as it may take up to a month to change a business’ name.
You might also like
- 5 Secrets of Social Media Power Users
- Social Media Customer Service Support Links
- Facebook Page Manager App Not Working?
- Facebook Page Newsfeed