Facebook introduced a new feature for local business pages: Verification.
Verified pages will not only appear higher in search results, but they will also have a verified badge to indicate to visitors the Page is authentic. In addition, verified pages will receive early access to new features!
Are you convinced? Let’s get started.
Before we begin, you will have to confirm your administrative status, as this is ONLY available to full admins of the page, and NOT editors, moderators, advertisers, or analysts.
- Navigate to your Facebook Page
- Click ‘Settings’
- On the left navigation bar, select ‘General’
- Select ‘Page Verification’, then ‘Verify this Page’
- Admins can verify via phone immediately, otherwise, admins can verify with documents, which will take longer.
- That’s it! The review process may take a few days to complete, but otherwise you’re done!
Note: This is currently only available for Facebook Pages in the category: Local Businesses.
Good luck and have fun!