When Facebook launched its platform in 2004, it was designed for personal use only. As you know, Facebook was the first social media platforms to gain a foothold in the marketplace. While the general population was excited to create a profile and connect with old friends, the annoyances began. Between updates from friends and pages, there was just too much going on!
This blog post is dedicated to my professional organizer friend, Karyn Beacock, of Spiral Into Control.
If you’re struggling with keeping on top of your friends’ updates, Page updates, and subscription updates consider creating Facebook Interest Lists.
Facebook Interest Lists allow Facebook users to create a collection of friends, pages, and subscriptions. Clicking on the list will allow the user to receive all the updates from that list (e.g. A professional list can include professional contacts, as well as business-related pages).
To create an Interest List:
1. Log into Facebook
2. On the left-side of the Page will be a grey title, INTERESTS, click “Add Interests”
3. Click “Create List”
5. Click “Next”
6. Name your Interest List, and choose the privacy
7. Click “Done”
8. Move the Interest List to your Favourites, by hovering on the list in the left-column.
9. Click on the crayon
10. Click “Add to Favourites”
Now you can receive updates from friends and pages when you want to receive them.
Here are some suggested Interest Lists:
- – Clients
- – Kingston, Ontario Businesses
- – Local/International News
- – Vacation/Travel