This week we’re learning how to develop concrete learning objectives as a starting point for our curriculum. Morrison et al. (2011) state “objectives are based on the results of the task analysis and provide a refinement and implementation of the needs of and/or goals for a project” (p. 113). There are three formats of learning objectives including cognitive, psychomotor, and affective objectives.
Below are the learning objectives I have developed:
By the end of the workshop, learners will be able to…
1. … clearly discuss why their small business should be implementing social media to employees and management.
2. … accurately define key Facebook and twitter terminology by the end of the workshop.
3. … effectively construct a new Facebook Page and Twitter account for their business by the end of the workshop.
4. … efficiently demonstrate how to update their business’ Facebook and Twitter accounts within 10 minutes.
5. … analyze and evaluate the impact of their social media on the business’ sales.
Does this sound like a workshop that you would like to attend? As previously mentioned, I am working on developing a full social media course through the third of five Bed courses via Brock University!